The Crab in the Bucket…
Transform Lateral Violence in YOUR Community
PUBLIC LATERAL VIOLENCE 3 DAY WORKSHOP
Lateral Violence occurs within marginalized groups where members strike out at each other as a result of being oppressed. The oppressed become the oppressors of themselves and each other. Common behaviours that prevent positive change from occurring include gossiping, bullying, finger-pointing, backstabbing and shunning.
Are you living or working with Aboriginal Communities or organizations?
Have you experienced what you consider to be Lateral Violence?
Do you feel a sense of disempowerment & isolation as a result of Lateral Violence?
Do you believe change is possible?
Are you willing to be part of the dialogue about how to transcend this cycle?
During this workshop you will:
- • Interact in a safe space and contribute to the creation of a supportive network;
• Explore the impact of Lateral Violence and how to create positive change;
• Identify toxic behaviors and practice responses that will build positivity in your community;
• Build awareness and obtain new tools for working conflict;
• Practice managing emotional triggers that contribute to the cycle of Lateral Violence;
• Experience a renewed sense of hope and understanding in regards to what is possible for YOUR community; and
• Celebrate the successes and strengths of everyone together!